Jamie says: Lunch is one of those meals that can be challenging to add variety to. Try going Greek with this Greek Veggie Sandwich.
Greek Veggie Sandwich
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp Filippo Berio extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups Publix fresh spinach
- 1/8 cup Publix baby bella sliced mushrooms
- 2 slices Arnold healthy multi-grain bread
- 2 Tbsp Publix sun dried tomato hummus
- 8 Publix small black olives, canned
- 1 small vine-ripened tomato
- 1/4 cup Publix reduced fat feta cheese
- 1/4 cucumber
- Mince garlic. Heat extra virgin olive oil in a medium-sized pan on medium heat. Add minced garlic. Cook until lightly browned, stirring frequently. Add spinach and mushrooms. Cook until spinach is wilted and mushrooms are tender. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, spread hummus on one slice of bread. Halve olives and place on bread with hummus. Slice tomato and place on top of olives. Next add feta to the tomato slices. Slice cucumber and place on feta. Top with cooked spinach, mushrooms, garlic, and second slice of bread. Serves: 1. Enjoy!
A great alternative to the typical sandwich! It was so good, I made it the next day- I switched it up a little by omitting the spinach, mushrooms, and garlic and by adding carrots .
- Nutrition note: Hummus is a spread made from chick peas. It has some fiber and it’s relatively low in fat compared to mayonnaise and many dressings. Hummus makes a good spread for sandwiches and dip for raw vegetables.